Friday, October 22, 2010

Blogging

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here besides a brief book review. Tonight I read every last one of my old posts, and I was kind of impressed with how often I've actually written on this blog over the years. Who knew I had 300+ posts? Sheesh. And so many of them filled with brilliant but forgotten master plans to get that daily morning routine going--I love it. :) One day, routine, one day, it'll be you and me.

There's a good chunk of memory stored here, too, and, as I am somewhat obsessed with marking my memories--I scatter them through multiple media in a general mess--this pleases me. I want to continue to add more memories to this sort of journal accessory I've got going on here. And so, in such inspired spirit, I return to a quick list.

6 amazing quotes to hold hands with, keep under your pillow, gaze at dreamily, and generally engage with forever after:

-“In giving you are throwing a bridge across the chasm of your solitude.” - Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry

-"To love someone means to see him as God intended him." -Fyodor Dostoevsky

-"I was made... not to prove myself worthy but to refine the worth I'm formed from, acknowledge it, own it, spend it on others." -Mary Karr

-"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time." -T.S. Elliot

-“Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found it was ourselves.” –Robert Frost

-“Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.” –Barbara Bush

All just right, yes?

2 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again. I hope to see it more.

Robin said...

Thanks, Kath. I forgot how much fun it can be to frame words on a pretty bordered page. :)